ورقة سياسات – التعلم عن بُعد في المنطقة العربية
UNESCO Beirut developed a policy brief on distance learning to provide guidance and recommendations for policy-makers and educators in the Arab region and support them to transit more swiftly from the traditional teaching methods to the new educational modalities.
This policy brief:
- defines distance learning and education and gives a brief overview of the evolution of this concept over time;
- highlights the importance of distance learning and education and tackles related challenges and opportunities;
- explains necessary elements for the transition to distance education
- lists distance learning tools and patterns;
- explains the role of E-learning facilitators in distance learning;
- emphasizes the importance of Blended Learning for the future; and
- suggests recommendations to take into consideration.